George Brown College helps you develop the technical skills needed to get the job done and the people skills required to succeed in the workplace. We work closely with industry partners to ensure our programs meet the needs of students and employers.
Our three campuses are located in the heart of Toronto, so you’ll have access to some of the top employers in the country for field education and networking opportunities.
Our Casa Loma, St. James and Waterfront Campuses are easily accessible by public transit and provide modern learning facilities modelled after real-world work environments.
Our students gain hands-on experience in a range of ways:
• Most George Brown programs have a field education component, allowing you to network and learn from employers. We also offer international placement opportunities in some programs.
• Applied research opportunities enable students to work on real-world projects with faculty, industry professionals and community partners.
• Our students provide services to real customers or clients in the following areas: business, childcare, entertainment, health and wellness, food service and more.
Many of the teachers at George Brown have worked, or are currently working, in the industry. They’ll help you sharpen your technical skills and develop people skills such as communication and teamwork. Our faculty members’ industry experience can help you expand your network and learn about professional opportunities.
George Brown College has the number one employment rate upon graduation of any college in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA). Eighty-three per cent of our graduates are employed within six months of graduation when actively seeking employment.
*Key Performance Indicators, Colleges Ontario, 2015
We have a wide range of diploma, degree, apprenticeship and certificate programs to fit your needs. Whether you’re starting your post-secondary education, changing jobs or enhancing your education with postgraduate studies, we have a variety of programs for you to choose from. We provide full-time and part-time programs, Continuing Education and Distance Education options. We also offer start dates in the fall, winter and spring so we can accommodate your schedule.
George Brown College values your past experience. We have transfer agreements with domestic and international colleges and universities to help you get the right education to meet your career goals.
• If you are a college or university student or graduate, you may be eligible for program transfers or course-to-course transfers.
• If you have already completed a credential, you may want to consider a postgraduate program or explore options to get advanced standing in a degree or advanced diploma program.
• Flexible programs
• Downtown campuses surrounded by employers
• Top teaching professionals with industry connections
• On-the-job learning through field placements
• Opportunities to work and study abroad
Find out more by visiting George Brown’s Transfer Guide.
I want to...