Who are we? The University of Windsor is a student-focused, comprehensive university located next to North America’s busiest border crossing on the scenic Detroit River. Windsor’s location makes it the perfect spot for what is one of Canada’s most important internationally oriented institutions.
UWindsor is medium-sized university with over 200 undergraduate degree programs including professional programs in Law, Business, Engineering, Education, Nursing, Human Kinetics and Social Work. You’ll find an atmosphere that fosters close co-operation between students and faculty and an ongoing commitment to excellence.
UWindsor is a place where new innovative ways of teaching and learning are the norm, a place where research and creativity are helping our region and the country, and a place where we engage our capacity to address challenges related to the Great Lakes, borders, safe and healthy communities and sustainable manufacturing.
Why UWindsor? Because we are a comprehensive university but still small enough to provide a warm, welcoming environment for each and every student, whether you're full-time or part-time, on-campus or online, from another country or just down the block. You'll find teachers who are committed to your success, to creating the best learning environments, supported by the latest and best teaching technologies. You’ll experience an exceptional level of support that will ensure you reach your fullest potential as a student, and a global citizen working on the challenges of tomorrow.
Why UWindsor Online? Because we have a long history of delivering flexible, online, and hybrid courses and programs. We have over 100 fully online degree-credit courses, and over 80 non-degree courses, with more being developed all the time. We are committed to expanding your options for learning, and providing access to high quality education for all students. So whether you need a single course or a full program, full time or part time, UWindsor can help.
Hear from our students
University of Windsor students who want to take one or more courses at another university and transfer the credit to their program must request a Letter of Permission. Applications for a Letter of Permission can be made at the Office of the Registrar.
How does it work? Steps to getting a Letter of Permission
1. A $40.00 non-refundable fee, payable at the Office of the Registrar, per Letter of Permission must be paid before the Letter of Permission can be processed. The cost for a revision to a Letter of Permission for the same institution is $20.00 per request.
2. Contact the institution you want to take the course from regarding their application procedures. You may verify whether the university is accredited by contacting the Registrar’s Office ex. 3315.
3. You must be in good academic and financial standing and at the University of Windsor to attend another university on a Letter of Permission. You must also meet the residency requirement for your program, and have completed one full semester at UWindsor (5 courses) before applying for a Letter of Permission.
4. Select courses that you want to apply toward your degree program. Be careful to avoid duplication of courses and to make sure that you have the course prerequisites – always check with your program advisor at Windsor.
5. Download and complete the Letter of Permission form from the following link: http://www.uwindsor.ca/registrar/sites/uwindsor.ca.registrar/files/letter-of-permission-form-fillable.pdf. You may only apply to one University.
6. E-mail the completed form and course outlines/syllabi (as PDF attachments) for each course you wish to transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can check whether a course has already been equated in the Transfer Credit Equivalencies Database. No course outlines/syllabi are required if the course has already been equated.
7. Upon completion of the course(s), submit an official transcript to the Office of the Registrar, University of Windsor, .
For more information on transferring credit, please visit the Registrar’s website, or contact the Office of the Registrar at email@example.com or by phone at 519-253-3000 Ext. 3315